Sunday, January 29, 2012

La Bamba Real

As of two days ago, I'm back in the states. Still recovering. From what exactly, I'm not sure. Part jetlag, part reality check, part heartache...

Since the last couple of weeks were a whirlwind, I'm just now getting to my photos and will keep them flowing to make sure all of this was sincerely a part of my reality.

 These few are from a couple different rugby practices with La Bamba Real, the Malian rugby team I've probably mentioned before. They produce standout athletes for their national team, and practice Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for a flexible 2.5 hrs each day.

My three running partners during one La Bamba practice. They say they prefer rugby to soccer, which is quite rare for Mali, and were intently watching the guys do everything from a warm-up run to passing drills. Scrimmages were the highlight of their week. Games, that take place on select Saturdays, was nothing less than nirvana.
"Lemein" - captain of the Malian National Team and player on La Bamba Real - looking on as his team scrimmages.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the photos Son! When you're over your jetlag and have a moment, lets catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Al, I'd love to! Can't wait. I'll be online a bunch this week for work stuff. Say hello! xo

    ReplyDelete